View Single Post
Unread 01/02/2018, 02:34 AM   #41
illumnae
Registered Member

2. Australia wild colonies

A very very interesting deepwater colony. When I first got it, it was red with neon green highlights. It is now purple, but has retained the highlights.
SPS 13 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

Very nice colony - Acropora nasuta? It has a mint green body with purple corallites and blue polyps. I have another similar colony under high light that has the same mint green body with purple corallites, but the polys are purple too instead of blue
SPS 9 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

Classic SSC. It turned entirely red for awhile, and is now starting to get the green back. I was told that I'm keeping it under too high lights and too low nutrients, hence the loss in green and predominance of red
SPS 6 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

Not sure what this is, but it reminds me of snowflakes! Very Christmassy look
SPS 5 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

I call this my "Aussie Pikachu" - bright yellow with red polyps
SPS 4 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

A "Rainbow" millie from Australia. When I got this colony some tips were showing blue in addition to the orange/red body and green polyps. You can't see it from the picture, but the corallites are now turning gold
SPS 3 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

3. Tonga wild colonies

Recent acquisition from a long awaited Tonga shipment. Bought it as a "Rainbow Nasuta"
SPS 2 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

From the same recent shipment, a different colour variant of the above colony - this one is pink with blue tips and red polyps. This piece is still not very stable, so I'm closely observing it
SPS 1 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

illumnae is offline   Reply With Quote