View Single Post
Unread 01/06/2014, 05:59 PM   #61
FranktheTankTx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
Jeff here from Lifereef. I rarely get on any bulletin board but wanted to check up on this customers progress of his Lifereef system and noticed the comment about needing a website update..... The website is old, very old, over 20 years old. I've had web-savvy customers want to update my site in barter for a filter system but their samples they provided looked like all the other cookie-cutter websites. I don't want the Lifereef website to look like all the other cookie-cutter websites. It needs to be unique, just as the Lifereef products are. I don't want it to be easy to use, that way I only get the sincerely interested hobbyist contacting me, not the guy who is in haste and just "click here to order". Setting up a filter system is not a "click here to order" endeavor. Maybe for supplies like carbon or phosphate stuff, but not filtration equipment and certainly not an entire system. Setting up a filter system requires much foresight, planning, asking the hobbyist what their needs are, their cabinet dimensions, plumbing sizes, etc. Those that "click to order" are taking costly chances, and probably the ones you see on the bulletin boards with problems. And purchasing just a sump or just a protein skimmer require choosing the right sump or skimmer to work with the other. The Lifereef website will remain as it is, unchanged, as are many of the Lifereef products. And with a seven month backlog of filter system orders, the website seems to be doing just fine.
This was a very odd reply... I had to go back & re read the thread to find the post he was replying to (which was really a side note). Kind of comes off as Jeff has a chip on his shoulder.

Just sayin'. Nice looking stuff though...

"What, I thought we were in the trust tree... in the nest? Are we not?"

Current Tank Info: Custom Rimless 60g (30.5"x24.5"x18.5")
FranktheTankTx is offline   Reply With Quote