View Single Post
Unread 12/18/2018, 12:46 AM   #284
diverunder
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn214 View Post
It is a painful process. We quarantined our first 2 fish for 6 weeks, no signs of ich so moved them to the main tank. Bought new fish to qt then when we had waited the 6 weeks, we put them in the main and boom!.. ich outbreak. So we took tried hypo salinity method, still had ich when cycle was finished. So we caught them all and treated with copper in qt tank for 72 days. When they were all put back in we waited a few weeks and the ich showed up again... it's a headache. We gave up and decided to just let it run the course as it was stressing the fish out badly being moved and treated with different things.
Once you introduce the ich bacteria into your tank that's it, which you did when you added the second batch of fish. Was your copper at the proper levels where they should be? Suppose to be a 1 to 2 ppm. Your screwed although I heard that ich has a 11 month life span. Ich is a true mystery. I've got it myself and whenever my levels get too high the fish get stressed out and back comes the ich. I just lost half my fish from ich but I let my nitrates get too high and stressed everyone out starting a ich outbreak and BOOMB! All gone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

diverunder is offline   Reply With Quote