View Single Post
Unread 05/06/2012, 11:22 PM   #117
Kharn
MANTISMAN

Not sure if I showed this picture but it is the design of my DIY FX5 DIFUSER which will be utilized to hopefully slow the water down enough so as to not cause too much of a problem for the first chamber that the canisters outlets will be placed within STAND A & B (STAND C won't be a problem with the standard outlet canister fittings).

Here is the plan its quite simple and hopefully the picture speaks for itself I just hope as I said it does the job that I have intended but I have a backup plan even then and it will all be tested before being put to use, I have gone with Black Poly pipe because it screws together and more importantly it being black and my tanks rear wall and both sides being black will hopefully allow the Poly in the tank to seemingly blend into the backgrounds making it far less noticeable compared to the bright white color of PVC.

The black outlining represents the tank as if looking through a side (although you can't do that since my sides are painted), basically the FX5 is behind the tank and the diffuser will hang off the back wall running along a side of the tank, towards the front of the tank.

Should have this built by Friday just waiting on the parts to be sent up.