View Single Post
Unread 05/24/2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Lynnmw1208
Registered Member

zoa eating nudis!

So I got a nice frag for $9.99 at my LFS and I was wondering why this particular frag just kept closing. Of course I thought it was the many amphipods and such that live underneath it that walk across often. Today I looked a little closer and saw a moving head!! this thing looked EXACTLY like my zoa's skirt! I wish I could've gotten a pic but it squished as soon as I used tweezers to take it off :/ I dipped the coral to be sure. Pretty little things but man were my zoas mad!

Anyone have pictures of what eggs look like? I tried to check the coral as well as I could, but didn't see anything nor did I know what to look for. anyway, here's a pic of the coral before, but I don't see any pests. It's still opening as we speak from the dip and me poking at it lol. Interesting that these 2 nudis were only one this frag when I have a huge zoa rock and a smaller frag right next door. maybe they preferred this one.

equipment: Eshopps psk-200 skimmer, Mag 12 pump, 30gal sump, 2x 300w Finnex heaters, glass-holes 1500gph overflow kit with 3/4" return kits, 72" 8x36w t-5 AquaticLife light, 66lbs of LR, 150lbs of tropic eden reeflakes, 2 Koralia Evo 1400, JBJ ATO, BRS dual GFO/carbon reactors, Hydor smartwave

Current Tank Info: 125gallon
Lynnmw1208 is offline   Reply With Quote