View Single Post
Unread 11/23/2016, 04:01 AM   #105
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregkn73 View Post
Hello Sahin, congratulations for the new baby. Your new scape is very beautiful. In your last tank, I thing that you were "fan" of high bioload ,combined with strong filtration and you were having fantastic results. Why did you decide to a lower bioload for this set up? Also what didn't you like at MH and you returned to T5?
With regards to the bioload, this is the first time I am relying solely on the Siporax/Matrix media (previously I had always used a decent amount of liverock). The branch rocks I have used are not porous at all. Additionally, and more importantly, I want to keep to the same amount of water changes I did on my last tank which was roughly 10% of old tank volume. What I hope is that by having a low-med bioload, I can rely on the filtration I have incorporated so far and just do 5% water changes per week and all will be well.

With regards to the lighting, I'd take 2x400w Radiums with LED/T5 as supplement over the tank any day; the shimmer is excellent and ability to colour up corals is just as good as T5. However, I cannot deal with the costs associated with the running of those lights and cooling the tank.

So its essentially circumstances dictating things rather than a change in preference.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote