View Single Post
Unread 02/06/2018, 09:26 PM   #13
OzIA
Registered Member

Update

Well… I’m back to working on the ABS again. I had been doing some travel for work and was having difficulty finding time (and motivation) to work on the project. I have finished the lights on the refugium as well as the plumbing, bubble diffusers and vanes for the tumbler.

I also started working on the CFC again. I just finished the take-up spool (pictured). I decided to go with the belt drive in the end. The spool spins on two 8M nylon bolts. The previous two had gear drives so I’m curious to see if this is any better. Again, I built the pulleys for the ribbed belts on the table saw. The feed spool will be located higher than the take-up spool. I didn’t have enough room to make them level and I sort of wanted the feed spool above the potential high water line. If the felt roll gets wet on one side, they become really heavy on that side and cause feed / take-up issues.

I also got the results back from the Triton test. Everything was good except the iron was crazy high at 6.2 ug/l. I am not sure what caused this. I was dosing some iron, along with other trace elements (Red Sea). I of course stopped the iron dose when I saw the results. I am not convinced the Red Sea was the source. I am concerned that it might be related to the mud I have in the stacked trays so I am hoping to get the new system finished so I can pull out the old. By the way, the Red Sea iron test was showing zero. So much for that test.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0614.jpg (56.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0615.jpg (48.7 KB, 64 views)
OzIA is offline   Reply With Quote