Thread: 125g
View Single Post
Unread 03/20/2012, 02:29 AM   #1
BossHoggin
Registered Member

125g

Well I guess I'll start with the background info and system specs.
The tank has been set up since september but has undergone a move. I used to run a canister because I didnt have room for a sump but juggled the house to fit it. It was well worth it, a sump has been something I have always sworn by.

Livestock:
-snowflake eel (14")

A model citizen towards a few larger left hand hermits banished from the reef tank. The shells are large enough the hermits can fully retract and thick
enough I dont think the eel could break them. It has certainly never shown the will to try, it eats well. I have contimplated more large hermits, an urchin or two and some turbo snails. Thoughts? I know its a stretch but the not having a CUC is killing me.

-male bluethroat trigger (6")

This is my "invisible fish", will readily maul the turkey baster for PE mysis from it's cave but VERY rarely comes out. I know they are shy and I suppose its a matter of time.

-emperor devil pseudochromis (labracinus melanotaenia- sumped - 6")

Pretty big apetite and quite resiliant. Gave the trigger a hard time before I could net him to the sump, I was certainly expecting it. Not generally aggressive but certainly doesnt like newcomers, espescially push-overs! He will be the very last addition I think.

Potential Additions:
-maroon clownfish. Well taken care of by a friend (~6")
-yellow tang
-any suggestions for a 6th fish? I'm 50/50 on the idea.

Specs:
-generic 125G (6'x18"x22")
-Eshopps R_300 sump/refugium (3'x16"x16")
-200 micron filter sock
-Eshopps PSK-200 protein skimmer
-2x 1050GPH Koralia powerheads
-1300GPH return pump, dialed back to about 900GPH
-100lbs of liverock
-150lbs sand
-chaetomorpha macroalgae (sump)
-6" DSB (sump)

Any input on the stocklist? I was thinking of starting sugar dosing as large waterchanges for nitrate control aren't really an option. Any other ideas of nitrate export? I will upload pictures but that wont happen until I get back from a vacation in Costa Rica.

Thanks for any advice I receive!

60B mixed reef w/ 33G sump/refugium
125G FOWLR w/ Eshopps R_300
BossHoggin is offline   Reply With Quote