Thread: Vertex cerebra
View Single Post
Unread 04/23/2012, 10:02 PM   #97
Luxo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpec View Post
I am confused by your statement - you say Reef Angel is your favorite but it runs on Android which is unstable at times and you don't trust it to take care of your tank while away/out of town... what am I missing? Why is the world would someone want a controller that is often unstable and not trustworthy? What's the point in having a controller?

We can argue Profilux is overpriced and old all day long, but the 1 fact you can't argue is that it's ROCK SOLID. It was designed from the ground up to be a aquarium controller - GHL did not take an open source OS to build on, they built there own... again, yes it shows it's age on the interface and hardware but it also shows it age regarding dependability -- truly time tested and dependable.
The same arguement can be made about not wanting to buy a new TV since the old tec is rock solid!
As far as which one is better I would not make a comment on that,until I see the Cerebra. However the hardware on Cerebra can do laps around profilux, That is a fact!
Would it be a better controller, That remains to be seen!
As for the interface I am 100% sure they be able to do much better than profilux with Android and the TFT used! That is also a fact!
Cheers,
Dave

Luxo is offline   Reply With Quote