View Single Post
Unread 11/27/2015, 09:57 AM   #2250
Kazalla
Registered Member

Hello dear fellows, small update from me: I'm continuing with the dirty method. I'm feeding unwashed frozen artemia twice a day. Never did a water change since the outbreak (month ago).

There are now "nice" amounts of green algae on the tank glass. Microfauna has recovered so far, there are lots of bristle worms (even small ones), Gammarus and isopods. All these little buggers are feeding on the green algae and accidentally feeding on the there growing dinos too. Snails beginning to breed again there are snail eggs on the glass. The dinos have been influenced by all this, they have completely disappeared from the live rocks. The overall amounts of dinos are not increasing, surfaces that has been cleaned, stay clean. There are dinos on the water surface and on the powerheads.

Did someone else noticed that anemones like RBTA and Condylactis gigantea are shrinking due the outbreak and dirty treatment? Especially the condy doesn't looks good, tentacles are very short and it looks whitish . All over corals are expanded and are looking quite healthy.

Sincerely, Dennis

Kazalla is offline   Reply With Quote