View Single Post
Unread 01/01/2017, 01:38 AM   #1
Toby_Kourtney
Registered Member

Nitrate dosing long term log

I know this subject has been beat to death, but I haven't found a long term log on dosing Kno3 in a reef tank. Long term as in years all the threads I've seen go for a couple months then either go off topic or the thread goes into several pages of debates with no long term proof. A little back ground on my tank. It's 125 gallon mixed reef with a foxface, 1 clown who refuses to allow another clown in the tank, 2 engineer gobies,and a snowflake blenny. I like the look of an aquarium with a few fish and is more focused on coral. I set up the tank 18 months ago but 6 months into having the tank I deployed for 6 months. I ran into several issues with the reef while I was gone including a forest of gha, my fault for not curing my base rock long enough. Since I got back I had the mentality that my nitrates and phosphates needed to be undetectable. After all my coral started to turn pale over time I decided to research nitrate dosing to increase nutrients in my tank to an acceptable level. I will continue to update this thread periodically with parameters and tanks condition after nitrate dosing throughout an extended period of time.

Toby_Kourtney is offline   Reply With Quote