View Single Post
Unread 11/24/2017, 03:08 PM   #6
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Heavens View Post
These fishes are very smart, I followed a display made by two ocean caught clowns, where the dominant female was very agitated over her reflection.

While the dominant was over at a place she liked to hunt, she had put her male to guard their anemone, from this horrible reflection of a competing pair of clownfish, in a similar reflection of the anemone.

While the male was there, he began moving up and down slowly, then back and forth while looking at the reflection fishes.

He looked back, turning around and looking at the female, and then turned around again, and looked at the reflection.

The next time the female returned to her anemone and saw the reflection female return to her anemone as well, she of course swam right up to the reflection and started mouth-to-mouth with it. The male came to her side, and i don't know HOW he did it, but he swam around her, pulled her away from the reflection and since that day, they both completely ignored the reflections around them.

I think you should try to see if you can get any of the two to be accepted by the bonded pair and get rid of the other one.

I have heard one parent tell how their children came running and crying because one clown had dragged another clown into its anemone and it was eaten. That person had two separate anemones and two groups of clownfish. The parent saw the same thing happen again shortly after, the biggest clown in the tabk, grabbing the competition by the tail, and drag it into the anemone to be eaten. I haven't been in that kind of situation myself, but advice online say that once they start fighting, they will continue till death or being separated.

Fishes are really fishy with fighting, beautiful, but terribly brutal.
Thank you. Yes, I don't think the pair actually cares who else is in the tank, as long as they don't get in their anemone. They seem to like to check in with the others, but otherwise don't care much.

I'll probably remove one and just keep three. As long as the pair doesn't start bothering the third, that should work out. But the smallest two are not going to stop fighting. I put one back in the isolation box.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote