View Single Post
Unread 05/19/2016, 05:38 PM   #9
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avast Marine View Post
They are in sump only. There are a few videos by us and a few videos by others on youtube.

While we are discussing po4 medias here, I do want to mention briefly (will go into more detail in a separate thread) how wonderfully seachem Phosguard works in the spyglass. It is a heavier media so requires the same pump configuration as all in one biopellets but it tumbles really well, it is very clean and easy to use, is cost effective and lowers the po4 slowly instead of quickly which is a great advantage. On my personal tank I use 300ml in a small spyglass change once a month. This is a 500 gallon system. For the initial dropping of po4 I had a reading of .42 measured with a hanna bench meter. 500ml in the small spyglass dropped the reading to .23 gradually in two weeks. Another 500ml dropped it to .04 in another two weeks. The 300ml is now a maintenance amount and I don't project the po4 readings to move up at all.
Dan,
which sicce pump are you using on the small reactor?

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote