View Single Post
Unread 07/14/2017, 01:49 PM   #190
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally.B View Post
WOW!! Live Rock and Ceramic Bio-Spheres work (QT has gone Almost "Instantly" Crystal Clear from Cloudy Yellow)

For last couple of days the QT didn't look very clear at all.

I thought it was the glass.

I didn't turn on the Canopy Light since it made it worse.

After Adding the Live Rock and Marine Pure Media, it went Crystal clear in a few hours.

Is is possible, that Live Rock did the job?

If true then the QT was heading toward trouble (with Power Brown Waste Toxins), especially leaving it alone while away for a Week!!
The beauty of bacteria! Good think you added that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally.B View Post
Made/Installed (QT [TopUp & Overflow Vac] )

Matt, I had to Crack open the Electo-Sealed Additive VAULT.

But have no worries, I'm keep my "NO Additives" Promise till Sept.

Everything is re-sealed in another Container.

I needed the Acrylic Case to make a Controller to do Top UP's on the QT, since I'm away next week.

I re-used some past code for the TOPUP and Added a 2nd Pump that does a Vacuum on the Overflow, since bubbles get slowly trapped.

Too many bubbles, fill the overflow and break the Sihphon.

So the QT is safe while I'm away.

The only Danger is the Neighbour, who may overfeed the Fish like he did last year.
I won't penalize your actions... this time. Was for a good cause.

Tell your neighbor that the fish would survive a week of getting no food, no problem but will die within a couple days of getting overfed
People who don't know anything ALWAYS over feed the fish out of fear of starving them.. if they know that isn't possible, they tend to calm down a bit.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote