View Single Post
Unread 05/07/2012, 11:39 AM   #160
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recty View Post
Your tank looks great... makes me want to get back into having a big tank again.

Have you considered DIYing an LED setup? I just put in an LED kit which basically ripped out the entire guts of my current existing lighting setup then I soldered in a bunch of LEDs and powered them up. All said and done, it was VERY easy to do and is amazing. I get about twice the intensity of lighting and not as much heat.

Plus if you DIY it, you can pick the colors you want, add some blues, whites, reds, greens... you name it. So you can really bring out the colors in your fish and it would be much cheaper than buying an already set up LED.

All you need is basic soldering ability and then a way to hide it, but if you have a canopy you're already halfway there.
thanks recty...
I put a gfi quad in the ceiling...my plan is make 2 "flap-like" panels that will hang from the ceiling but can be flipped up for maint. purposes.. I have considered diy and have read a bunch of threads...but still unsure...tank is almost 3 feet deep- gonna need some wattage...

humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote