View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2017, 07:01 AM   #262
Subsea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasmodes View Post
The 20g tank is doing great. All of the fish are growing and seem healthy, and no scratching, thank goodness. They all eat like pigs.

I will shoot another video of the 20g long and post it soon. It is amazing to me how fast these fish grow. Some of the blennies were just a little bit over an inch long when I collected them, and now they're about 2-2.5" long now! All of the fish have grown, but the most growth has been with the blennies.

There are 4 crabs in this tank (2 different species of mud crabs), but I've only seen two of them now and then, both last night. I suspect that the other two are still in there but only come out at night if at all.

The grass shrimp numbers have decreased, at least I think, because I only counted three of them last night. There could be a few hidden in the macroalgae and within the oyster reef cultches though. I suspect that a few of them fell prey to the fish.

The bryozoan colonies have grown some, but not at the rate that they did early on during the life of this tank.
Are bryozoans common in the cold water of Cheasapeak Bay? I am very interested in the grass shrimp you mention. Is it

https://www.livebrineshrimp.com/ShrimpJanitor.htm

I caught these in both fresh and full strength salt. I think that they may be an idle solution to my outside growout system for live food. They are harvested as far north as Long Island.

Current Tank Info: 10,000G. Greenhouse Macro Growout
Subsea is offline   Reply With Quote