Thread: dino experiment
View Single Post
Unread 12/30/2017, 02:16 PM   #934
azsoccerpop
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer-Dude1888 View Post
Hi guys just a progress update

Removed siporax ,cheato ,miracle mud ,turning lights of for 6 days main tank and sump treating with Dino x every 2 days 21ml , 7th day 4 doses in dinos look gone light in mai tank back on blues only 3% to 50% back to 3% over 5hr period . Day 7 filtered 15 gallon through filter sock then returned same water back to main tank also put in spare skimmer I have as a back up to run alongside my deltec apf 600 skimmer. Day 8 filtered another 15 gallon through filter sock and returned water to main tank ,keeping light cycle the same for another 6 days.
Day 13 7doses in of Dino x introducing white light back into light cycle at 1% to 3% back to 1% same time frame as blues .
Day 14 filtered 10 gallon through filter sock and returned water to main tank, introduced 1ltr rowa carbon into reactor and turned it back on.

If all continues well I will add mm mud ,cheato and siporax back into sump filtration system.

Day 16 introduced mm mud and cheato back into sump but gave it a rinse with ro water before hand also added siporax back into sump and turned on rowaphos reactor to, sump light turned back on to.

Over the course of the treatment there were no adverse affects on the corals the fish or the inverts all are good the anenomone was the only thing that shrunk a little bit.

Fingers crossed everything is looking good time will tell last thing to do is ramp the lights up gradually .

Did you ever identify the species of Dinos you had using a microscope?
What has happened since the last post?
Would you recommend DinoX based on your results?
I am a month in on this fight which I initially mistook for Cyano and then diatoms. I did a posted identification test pouring siphoned water through a paper towel and after a few minutes under lights there was hairlike brown algae in what was once clear looking water. I have done lights out 2 times for 72 hours and dosed 1ml/10g of H2O2 for 3 days and still the rust colored scourge persists. I have lost a large Lobo, a small chalice and one of my older acans and a cyphestrea are showing signs of RTN. I am considering dinoX as my next step with lights out.

azsoccerpop is offline   Reply With Quote