View Single Post
Unread 12/15/2017, 11:36 AM   #2503
ggdowski
Registered Member

Much like DVDS, CDS, and digital cameras... the price will come down. Or as you state -- they will focus the tests on the parameters that are more important once we know what they are.

The use of the refugium is the same regardless of what method you utilize. If my refugium suddenly died -- I would do the same as you and do a water change. Would I sit back and watch my tank die and simply say it was tritons fault? Of course I would fall back on what I have done for over 15yrs.

We simply disagree here on some things. I see the triton test as a diagnostic not as a maintenance test. Time will tell and perhaps I will each crow.

Coke example. Water changes are simple dilution of a problem. I think we agree that if you don't solve "said" problem it will reoccur and force you to do continual water changes -- at times over and over again. That statement hold true even for the triton method.

Totally agree on the testing issue. I have read the literature on the aluminum issues... as I was comparing efficacy in removing phosphates with GFO and aluminum. I guess I could do a water change ;-)

My concern with triton is believing in magic solutions that we believe are correct. Innovation is the act of trying to move a field forward rather than being content with the norm. That is why I'm willing to give it a try. Lugging water around a house and spilling it 60% of the time has gotten old over the last 20yrs. If I wish to continue it another 20years, it is only going to happen if I'm not lugging the water around.

ggdowski is offline   Reply With Quote