View Single Post
Unread 04/28/2012, 12:21 AM   #3730
drummereef
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromedogg33 View Post
I did not upgrade to the ES version. I have one already that is ES version and I personally see no reason for the upgrade after playing around with them.

I have 2 of those 55g blue barrells that I too got off cragslist. They have the 2 small holes on top. Mine came from a local food distributor and one had vinegar and one had soy sauce in it. After some soap/vinegar and rinsing I'm using them with 0 side affects.
Cool, thanks for the info on the ES drivers. I see a lot of people upgrade the drivers but set them to Lagoon or ReefCrest so I didn't know what the benefit would be. Perhaps the ease of setting a standing wave, but I don't run mine like that anyway... I always see the barrels with fixed lids and 2x bungs on the top like your barrels, Josh. Are the holes large enough to fit a decent size pump in there, or how did you plumb yours?

BTW soy sauce is great with fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 110galreef View Post
Brett,

look for drums from the food industry and you will be set.

This i believe is pretty much what i have if you need to resort to buying a new one.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...p-Plastic-Drum

They also have a 55g version. Not sure how much shipping would be tho?
Sweet! Thanks for the link too. Too bad they are so pricey new. Some of the used blue 55 gallon barrels on Craigslist are going for 8 bucks in my area! But, a lot of them have fixed lids and I'd probably prefer the removable lid for ease of cleaning.

180g Marineland Starfire In-Wall 278 gallon system
drummereef is offline   Reply With Quote