View Single Post
Unread 07/07/2008, 10:57 AM   #5
ccampbell57
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StayPuft
A clown trigger grows VERY slow, so you will be ok for a few years, at least, depending on how small it is now. As for tank mates... a harlequin tusk, any of the non reef safe wrasses, a foxface, another small trigger like the picasso (which also grows very slow), even a tang would be ok. I don't mean you should add ALL those fish, just putting up some choices.

btw, clown triggers are pretty agressive. That doesn't mean you can't get one, just be prepared to separate this fish in case of some violent behavior.
StayPuft - I am curious where you picked up this fact? My opinion and direct observation of my clown trigger would directly contradict what you state about a slow grower. My clown went from just over 3" to over 5" (closer to 5.5) in less than 6 months. He also had a very plump belly and as he grew older he became very bold.

He was subsiquently removed last week due to the fact that he was starting to attack my 10" emperor, 9" blueface, and my new 3" bandit angels.

Be ware that clown triggers are VERY aggressive and will eventually require a species only or a tank filled with very aggressive fish that you are not going to miss if they end up dead one morning.

Death, Taxes, and QT'g are the only things I am 100% certain on.

Rarity and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't ask "how much $" a fish costs but rather "how much enjoyment" will I receive from this animal.

Current Tank Info: 1000g Reef system
ccampbell57 is offline   Reply With Quote