View Single Post
Unread 04/27/2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Seagars
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1210 View Post
are you keeping other corals in there besides anemones? For me personally I noticed that when I mixed different anemone species (different combos at different points in time including: ritteri + bta's, bta's + crispa, bta's + gigantea) a LOT of my LPS did not do well--specificallly some of my hammer corals (I have several varieties), several of my favias. However, all of my softies (zoas, gsp's, leathers) did fine. It was noticeable within 2 weeks of adding the 2nd nem. Yet, when I removed the ritteri, or crispa, or BTA, and was only left w/1 species, things reverted back to thriving within a month.

My tank is 60 gallons +20 gallon sump, and yes, I even ran carbon. Interestingly, the anemones themselves were never affected, only corals. I posted this on another thread wondering if anyone's ever had similar experiences, but no one has said anything. Perhaps my total tank volume may be on the small side? Who knows.

Interesting you say that. That is the main reason for the question. Days after we introduced a carpet to our tank w/ a BTA, we lost our bubble coral, torch and frogspawn. Duncans were the only ones that didn't die. I thought it was odd and wondered if it did have something to do w/ it. Others have said no way that is the reason. Your post makes me question it again.

We have since added a hammer and frogspawn and they seem to be doing fine. I am watching them closely though.

Last edited by Seagars; 04/27/2012 at 09:17 AM.
Seagars is offline   Reply With Quote