View Single Post
Unread 08/12/2016, 02:58 AM   #4
kainic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweebe View Post
Hey Sergi,

is your rate of No3 25ppm now? Cause it could be your problem !

Try to correct this with carbon sourcing ;-) Maybe add vodka/Vinegar/Sugar should help it !

And be patient, patience is the magical key in this Hobby!

Can we see pictures of your tank and corals?
My last readings are:

NO3: 25 ppm (Salifert)
PO4: 0.03 ppm / 10 ppb (Hanna ULR Phosphorous)

I am dosing 9-10ml of NOPOX daily since 2nd of June. I've been really an impatient reefer but I've calmed down a bit and try to change things very slowly. My next step will be adding 3l of Siporax to my sump (it should arrive today).

This is my last FTS. Please be kind with my almost empty reef tank. I'm slowly stocking it as I don't want to rush and lose half of the corals, I've been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Hey Sergi, you are in a bit of an odd pinch. Usually doing the amount of carbon dosing you are doing lowers nitrates but phosphates stay stubbornly high.
You have the reverse problem.. You have almost no p but n is a problem.
I think you are in a good starting position.
Which test kits do you use?
Is it possible that you actually have no po4 at all in the system?
That could explain struggling corals, no algae, and hard to control nitrates....
I use Salifert for everything but phosphates which I'm using Hanna ULR Phosphorous. My phosphate are low (0.03 ppm last reading, ranging 0.01-0.03), but low enough to be limiting my NO3 export? What would you recommend me to increase phosphates in a "natural" way? Recently I'm in the need to clean my front glass every other day (I used to clean it twice per week at most) and my skimmate is greener so something is happening. I've also set my skimmer to dry mode.

As I don't want my corals to starve (yeah, even with NO3 at 25 ppm I've seen them starving to death, maybe because low PO4 as Matt is pointing) I'm also feeding about 4ml of pappone once per week. I know it doesn't help with my nitrates but if I'm albe to keep them not higher than 25 I'm happy. As I said, I prefer alive brownish corals than corals dying trying to make them look cool.

"Every man can be, if he tries, sculptor of his own brain", Santiago Ramón y Cajal
kainic is offline   Reply With Quote