View Single Post
Unread 12/04/2016, 07:50 AM   #17
kainic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlow View Post
Your corals are showing improved colors and appear healthy looking as well as getting some growth.

I too, greatly admire Bulent's tank. Beautiful corals and he states his methods very clearly.

Question. When you were using AF Comp123 did you also use the NP Pro and Pro Bio S?

I would like to know if it is possible to use Comp123, Pro Bio S, and NP Pro along with Bacto Balance.
Hey Kevin nice to see you here. I've dosed comp123 and ProBioS+NPPro at the same time but I stopped using ProBioS and NPPro a while ago to try with NOPOX as a carbon source.
TM Bacto Balance has organic carbon so it is a carbon supply but not as strong as NOPOX for example. I don't think Bacto Balance and NPPro or bacteria are incompatible but you will have to find the sweet spot between them as you'll be using 2 different carbon sources at the same time. I'm using biopellets and bacto balance but I'm underdosing both of them.

One of major changes I've seen in the tank when using bacto balance is on LPS. Not only I'm able to keep them (they all died except for a hammer) but they gained color and polyp extension, they look happier now.

"Every man can be, if he tries, sculptor of his own brain", Santiago Ramón y Cajal
kainic is offline   Reply With Quote