View Single Post
Unread 10/26/2017, 04:04 PM   #4
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Holy crap...
No HOLY CRAP...
That is not bubble algae.. not sure if billdog just didn't have his glasses on or was on a phone or just didn't grasp that every surface of all your rocks are covered with clumps of basically hair algae..

Do not waste your time attempting to find an eater of it unless you just want to wait your whole life for that problem to go away..

You really need to get your nutrient issues under control then I agree that a 50% tank water/50% hydrogen peroxide dip of the rocks in maybe 4 batches about a week or 2 apart for each group is the best direction.. (so do 1/4th of the rock at a time to avoid killing off all the beneficial bacteria)

Let the rocks sit in the solution for about 15 minutes as you aggressively scrub with a nylon bristle brush to dislodge it..
The peroxide will kill it all and the scrubbing will get most if not all of it off the rocks..

And you really need to get your nutrient issues under control and learn how to properly maintain them or its going to happen again... you royally messed up and must have just totally overfed and under maintained or something..

Thats about the worst I've seen