View Single Post
Unread 12/21/2017, 01:37 AM   #51
sam.basye
Registered Member

Yep, that stand was a major pain in the balls this past week, but it's mine and I like it. It's also costing me extra because no one mounts their tank on top of a 4ft stand..

I just found, and bought, a new rio+ 2500 pump on eBay for only $35 so that'll help.
I currently have a Rio+ 1700 that came with the setup. It's rated for 642gph, but 180gph with a 6ft head. The new one is rated for 782gph, which isn't much more, but 375gph with a 6ft head which is more than double the current flow.
I don't need it to blast the sh*t out of everything because that's what I've got the mp10 for. Lol
One nozzle is for surface agitation and the other as a crossflow to hopefully randomize some flow with the mp10. I'd rather have too much flow and be able to reduce it with the ball valve than not have enough. So if the 2500 isn't enough, I'll get the 3100 which would be overkill. (1700,2100,2500,3100).

I considered adding another pump just for the UV, but I'm limited on plug space and the plumbing I don't want to redo. Lol
I have an eheim 1250 collecting dust I could use..

Lights will be the 16" Evergrow IT2040 (ReefBreeders knockoff) I recently bought. I'm in a pickle as to how I'm going to mount it.. hence you only getting 2/3 monti. Lol

Definitely not rolling in it. Lol With the University out for a month and a half and new flight classes requiring letter grades instead of pass/fail at the end of each semester, not much goes on during Christmas break. I've got a big lull in $$ till classes start again end of January.. it is nice being full time and getting the base pay and not having to work for it. Haha
Plus the wife left her job beginning of November in pursuit of a career change. Come January, I'll be married to a cop! I gotta work on my pig jokes! Haha
The house move is running my wallet dry too..
When work picks back up and the wife starts getting paid I'll be back to rolling in it! Back to the frivolous lifestyle of What can I stick an LED into?!

Current Tank: 30 Cube build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661418
26g Foam Rockwall build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2457621
Foam Wall
sam.basye is offline   Reply With Quote