View Single Post
Unread 08/21/2013, 09:14 AM   #39
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkpaul View Post
I have 3 anemone in my dt; rbta (1 year old), green haddoni (6 months), and a red haddoni (2 months).

I added a blue haddoni few weeks ago and it died.
This may or may not cause the other anemones to get sick. These infections are not 100% infectious

Quote:
Soon, the rbta started to lose color and started to hide in the rocks.
This may or may not due to the blue Haddoni

Quote:
Then the green haddoni started inflate deflate after eating a dead Hawaiian tang.
If the dead tang was killed by the anemone, it likely OK but if the tang was dead for a while, like several hours, then it likely is full of bacterial and by eatting it, the anemone will end up with a full load of bacterial in it inside and get sick from this.

Quote:
Can I do a cipro dip? If so, how? because I don't have a separate tank.
I guess I can go buy one but I don't know if the QT tank condition will be stable.

I have sps, lps, and softies.... can I drop cipro into the dt?
We should not use broad spectrum antibiotic in DT. The whole biological filtration of our tank depends on bacterial. Using a broad spectrum antibiotic on the tank will likely crash the tank, or best case really screw up the biological filtration.
DON'T DO IT

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote