View Single Post
Unread 09/11/2015, 02:08 PM   #7
Greybeard
Registered Member

Just put one on my 60g cube... today, in fact. So far, so good... plenty of light, but since it's a new tank, and there's very little in it yet, I can't comment on growth rates and such.

It's compact, and self contained (small in line AC/DC power supply, no external ballast). Looks pretty good on an open top system.

Programming: 3 light channels, blue, white, and moonlight (which is apparently 1/2 power blue channel). You can program startup and shutdown time for each channel, duration of ramp up and ramp down. Programming is done from the 2 buttons on the front. Not terribly complex, but it does what I need it to do. I've unplugged it a few times, it seems to remember it's settings.

2 knobs on the top control overall intensity and blue/white color fade. Adjust this when both main channels are at full power. Easy.

Mounting arm is quite high quality, IMHO. Good wire control, seems quite secure on my 8mm rimless tank. Powder coated aluminum, for the most part. What appear to be good quality stainless screws.

Near Zero light spillage... lights the tank, doesn't light the floor around the tank, or blind you when you look at it. I'm using the 80 deg lens, on a 24" cube, almost as high as the tank mount will go.

Longevity? Coral growth? Only time will tell.

Oh, and mine doesn't say 'Aquatic Life' ... anywhere. It's made by Tiaojiou, a company I have never heard of... don't even know which Asian nation they come from (looked it up... they're in Taiwan). Aquatic Life would seem merely the US distributor.

Over-exposed cell phone pic... light intensity is probably around 75%, white/blue color mix about 50/50.

Last edited by Greybeard; 09/11/2015 at 02:29 PM.
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote