View Single Post
Unread 03/06/2011, 10:53 AM   #5
SueAndHerZoo
Registered Member

Oh wow, talk about great timing of a post! I am running low on live mysis for my octopus hatchlings so yesterday dug around in my supplies to find a few packets of brine shrimp eggs. I also found the base that you place an inverted bottle in so I threw in the water, egg and salt packet, hooked up the air pump, and placed it all on my metal halide ballast (to keep the water warm). I have my doubts, though, that the eggs will hatch.... they've been laying around for about two years now and I think these things have a shelf life.

Regarding the auto hatcher/feeder, thanks for the reminder! I have one in the basement somewhere that I bought years ago (to use for seahorse fry) and never even opened the package. Time to find it, dust it off, and see if it's worth using. i think the reason I never used it was because I need to enrich the bbs before feeding them to my fry and the auto feeder allows them to go right into the tank as soon as they're hatched, right?
Sue