View Single Post
Unread 08/29/2015, 05:57 PM   #69
Crackem
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefABCs View Post
Ok so this is my exact problem. I have one Sebae clown left to get out so I can let the tank go Fallow but it will dive into the Haddoi or rock work/corals any time I try and approach it with a net or Glass.
I used a Fish trap to catch all other fish including the sometimes difficult dart fish but this little guy has no interest in going in the fish trap. I have starved him for weeks now only adding food to the fish trap and doing everything not to let the food escape so he can eat it.

Frustrated here as its been weeks now trying to get him out waiting patiently to go in the trap.

What other ideas can anyone share? I have a 150 gallon mixed reef and do not want to try and pull everything out for this one little fish.
I'm in the same boat and I'm about to take out my rockwork in order to catch my blue tang. He wants nothing to do with a trap and he even left a frozen cube of mysis in the trap for over 4 hours without going near it. The way I see it, the only 2 options are take rocks out or take water out. In my case taking water out won't help because of my aquascape. I suppose I could try the small hook idea but he's way to shy.