View Single Post
Unread 01/12/2018, 04:09 AM   #70
tastyfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefKeeper64 View Post
We usually use CP purchased from fishman chemical dot com. Lately I've switched to the off the shelf version since we have it in stock. Its called new life spectrum called ick shield powder. You can read the ingredients online. new life spectrum is reputable and uses a form of CP that has been proven to work just as effectively as fishman's. My last use of it was to cure a powder blue tang of ick. It worked fine and the power blue has been healthy for a few months now. I wouldn't go to the bother with the cost of getting a vet prescription for CP unless I had a buddy who could write a prescription for free. If you go with the over the counter version, just follow the instructions on the bottle and use the 10% per week formula based off of that. I would not go to 100% over 10 weeks unless you still have Vsnails in your tank. I doubt you will need to go beyond 5 weeks but I've never gone that slow so I don't really know for sure. Plus again, every tank is unique. It will be safe and will work. I'm only going into this much detail because I had a case of vermetid snails years ago and would have paid dearly for such a simple method to get rid of them. Figured I'd pass on what I know now. Good luck again.
Yeah, unfortunately because of medicine licensing and control, we can't get this in the UK (no one is willing to pay the £10,000 licensing/certification costs to import).

I use Avloclor, from an on-line pharmacist (for my up coming trip to the Dominican Republic, of course. )

Should point out, if it hasn't been said already, to remove any algae bed from the system as chloroquine will likely kill it.

Do you have any info on the breakdown time for Chloroquine from your testing with the spectrometer? That would be really useful!

tastyfish is offline   Reply With Quote