View Single Post
Unread 12/11/2016, 10:27 AM   #82
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Miracles gave me a pair of screen tops that inserted flush with the eurobracing. While they did the job and looked decent, when I saw the ClearView Lid from Artfully Acrylic, I thought man that looks sexy. The added acrylic helps prevent the splashing from lapping on top of the eurobrace I get when the current from the SeaSwirls hits the MP60 current. Everything is clear on this lid including the screen, while the DIY screens from Miracles were all brown. I have a feeding portal so I don't need to lift the screen all the time to feed, and I put in an autofeeder portal so the autofeeder food goes right into the tank and doesn't get stuck on the screen.

The only caveat is that this screen is all one piece so it's big. Putting it on and taking it off is cumbersome but not difficult. If I need to adjust anything in the tank I need to take the entire top off where the DIY screens from Miracles were two and I could just take one off at a time. But they didn't fit perfectly as the inner dimensions of the eurobracing weren't exactly square. I always had to squeze one side down hard to get it in flush. It's the opposite for the ClearView Lid. The entire lid fits in loosely. I wish the dimensions were a little bit tighter to the eurobracing, but that's my only complaint.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote