View Single Post
Unread 05/01/2012, 11:02 AM   #8
ClownfishSushi
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvacman250 View Post
Remember, they are dying overnight within 8-10 hours of hatch. That automatically eliminates lighting/food. Lights out are at 10pm. I typically do dark until 7 am, but have done a blue small CFL in the center of the room as a moonlight with no change.

I dont have any pictures at the moment, but my setup is the same as 80% of everybody elses. 10g with 5-6 g starting out. 50w heater and airstone. Tile with eggs. I can almost guarantee you its not the set-up. Like I said, I can raise 150 fry/hatch to sellable size just like every other novice you see on this board; I want to raise 5-700 per hatch.

Sushi, google "MPD, first night death syndrome". Apparantly other breeders are plagued by it as well.
Are these the same breeders recommending that you nuke fragile fry with harsh chemicals? Don't be so quick to write off the lighting...

I run 24 hour lighting the first day. I don't want the fry settling down immediate after hatch. I want them hunting and active. My fry don't get a dark period until day 2. Why don't you try keeping them active like I do?

No one listens to me but I swear by my slow-drip fry tank. Here's a link. When you suddenly get 100% success rates, you know who to thank. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLVDyjDNtOQ