View Single Post
Unread 04/26/2012, 07:32 AM   #113
Kharn
MANTISMAN

One of the things that has been brought up on a local forum that has sparked my interest is "MarinePure" for those unaware they are basically bricks used as a substitute to Live Rock for a tank. One of the good things I see in these things is that due to there uniform shape it would be easy to create unique "mountains" of them in each system or keep each "mountain" of them uniform within STAND A & B (none for STAND C).

It would increase my chances on getting photographic opportunities but at the same time it would be easy to create starter burrows for each mantis within the blocks and facing said burrow in the best viewing position.

When I first saw the blocks I instantly thought they would be awesome for a Mantis too live in also they would make decent flat areas for frags and once algae/age gets a hold of the blocks they will virtually blend in.

http://www.cermedia.com/marinepure.php

Just a thought is all.

EDIT: At the same time I am more incline to take a Hole Saw drill bit to a nice sized "center piece" of Live Rock for each system for the own individual looks and at the same time a much cheaper option xD

Last edited by Kharn; 04/26/2012 at 07:40 AM.
Kharn is offline   Reply With Quote