View Single Post
Unread 02/28/2018, 06:09 AM   #813
homer1475
Registered Member

Went to Buffalo yesterday for a drive and because I haven't been out to check out their awesome shops in over a year(4 1/2 hour drive one way).

I don't know if I caught them all on off weeks, but man no one had isht! ARC the premeir shop is in the process of moving stores and had 1 frag tank with aboput 100 frags for sale. Completely unimpressed with their offerings. They had 3 other frag tanks full to the brim with frags but, "we can't sell those, they are our grow out tanks". BUT THATS WHERE ALL THE GOOD STUFF IS!!!!! Pointless in my eyes to have 4 8foot by 3 foot frag tanks at the front of your store with nothing for sale in them. What you have for sale is another 8 foot by 3 foot frag tank at the back of your store with very little in it, and nothing from your grow out tanks. Last time I went to this store I was very impressed, so I'm wondering if maybe because they haven't finished moving yet or this is how they will run the new store. If the latter, I will not be going back.

Anyways, I came home unimpressed and all my money in my pocket. All I saw was cheapo acans(very little color, pale actually like greys and browns) they wanted like 50$ for a single head! And a whole lot of softies. Went into one store tht had probably close to 3k gallons in tanks, but every tank had a huge leather and zoas. Not a single LPS or SPS.

I did come home with my first SPS coral just to test the waters so to speak. I never realized how expensive SPS's are as none of the LFS in my area carry them. My wife liked some blueberry tort or something they called it, 350$ for a tiny 4 branch SPS!

Anyways, I bought a 2 branch of green slimer to test out the waters. I have it as high in my tank as possible and in decent flow, so we'll see. I do have 2 plating monti's that are growing like crazy, so I think this one will do fine as well.

On a side note I've decided I need a frag rack and hate the plastic racks. After doing some digging online I found a nice 6 hole frag rack that looks like a piece of rock and is magnetic to the side of my glass(I'm going to put it on my overflow). I was looking at BRS but the only ones they have that are rock looking will only hold onto 1/4" glass and they want 70$. Yes I know nothing in this hobby is cheap, but thats just stupid.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote