View Single Post
Unread 11/21/2012, 09:14 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The foam is not included, it is an optional accessory and we don't yet have them stateside. We had a Beta test model in use since June and it included the foam, while I can say it does eliminate the microbubbles during break in, that is really it's only use and long term it would be cumbersome. After a few days most of the bubbles were gone and the foam tends to clog and become a real chore, surface skimming stops and the skimmer slows production until the foam is cleaned which we found was necessary every 2-3 days. It is not something I would consider unless it was a critical situation, we did not include it as standard for this reason, it adds its own headaches.

I agree we could possibly make the bumpon installation more clear, since all of our products have these and have used them for so many years it becomes an assumption that everyone understands it and we forget in writing the manuals that this won't be so clear to a new user. All four corners of each magnet get the bumpons, contrary to popular belief though, they do not protect the glass or acrylic, that maybe an aside but is not the intended function, they reduce noise transfer a little and primarily they increase the holding power much like the feet of a gecko.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote