View Single Post
Unread 04/10/2012, 11:26 PM   #141
Pallobi
CTARS, BRS & OSRAS Member

so im kinda bored, lol, and since i removed some of my sps tonite, i figured i would make a quick stocklist... i also put a couple more zoas, and even the miami hurricane chalice on larger 6x6" tiles...

i now have only 9 sps mounted on my columns... all acros...

ora cali blue tort
tyree pink lemonade
atl limeade
ora red planet
ora pearlberry
green slimer
purple lokani
icefire echinata
strawberry shortcake

i also have a couple nice ora joe the coral and green highlighter small colonies, on my frag rack, i fragged off the larger colonies i had previously grown out... these will be my first "2nd generation" peices sorta speak, that i will grow...

the following are my zoas and paly's... the first group are all growing and doing very well, regardless of number of polyps, whether there is only 1, or over 250...

rastas
red hornets
purple hornets
orange bam bams
candy apple reds
my clementines
purple people eaters
red people eaters
rose nebulas
tubbs blues
sunny d's
captain america

the following are still coloring and/or shaping up, and coming along, but in my opinion, they jus are not to their potential...

xmen
pink elephants
darth mauls
whammin watermelons

and i also have the two chalices... miami hurricane and a tyree red watermelon...

with my downsized yet again sps collection, i now have 6 free spots amongst my 33 designated platforms... they will be used for a couple more zoas, couple more chalices, and a couple favias as i would like to give them a shot too...

im pretty excited to have some more room... i went from over 30 sps peices, to less than 10, and im actually quite pleased about that decision... i think the ones i chose to keep, are quite nice, and starting over with a few, will allow them to grow out nice again i think... going with more zoas and a couple more encrusting lps is gonna take a little time to fill out, but its gonna look real good i think, and with good balance...

also, now with less sps, i am gonna drop my daily dosing of two part to about 5 mLs for alk, and test daily, and pin point my usage after a couple more weeks before i hook up my dosers... i wana know how much im using when things settle down, before i start an automated dosing system...