View Single Post
Unread 02/04/2018, 12:41 PM   #131
sam.basye
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
Hey thanks for the heads up on those wheels! I'll check them out. I'm still learning about this stuff so very helpful about the offset. Just gotta figure out what's the biggest tire I can get without lifting the truck. Sorry to derail!

Level 8 has some other nice looking and affordable options, but the MK6’s are my favorite.

I believe the 0 offset will push the wheels 1/4” out from stock and -10 about even with the flares; at least it will for a 3rd gen with limited flares.
For the 3rd gen, you can fit 265/75/16 without rubbing, everything else larger will require a lift or body lift to prevent rubbing - stock size is 265/70. I would start looking on t4r dot org.

I want 285’s, but I don’t want to re-gear because the v6 is already slow, not to mention getting worse mpg’s as they already suck. Lol

If you have the v8, re-gearing may not be an issue, but you’ll lose 1-2 mpg with the bigger tire.

I’ve got 265/70/16’s now with no lift, but come March, I’ll have 265/75/16’s with a 2-3” lift! I’ve got the shocks and rear springs sitting in the basement ready to go on when I get new tires in March. Doing them at the same time so I don’t need to get 2 alignments. I also have a tundra big brake kit ready to go as well. Hopefully I’ll get that done this month as I found out it pulls to the left when stomping on it when I swerved to miss a dog wandering across an intersection the other night, not to mention there’s some air in the lines. Lol

Last night I ran out of gas. Lol
I disconnected the battery to install my reverse lights which reset my trip odometer last week, which I use to fill up due to the fuel gauge not working, and couldn’t recall the mileage. Last night on the way to dinner, I got off the wrong exit and did a u-turn and felt it stutter. I was able to make it through a shopping center, wait at the light, and make it across the intersection to the gas station where it shut off as I rolled up next to the pump! I looked at my wife and said God was watching over us and that’s why I took the wrong exit, otherwise we would’ve been stranded.

Nothing new on the fish front.
Might go to the LFS today to see if they have anything I want. I gave an employee my number a week ago if he sees one of the green eels pop out, but no calls...

Current Tank: 30 Cube build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661418
26g Foam Rockwall build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2457621
Foam Wall
sam.basye is offline   Reply With Quote