View Single Post
Unread 06/06/2016, 09:21 PM   #3747
Optimus_Prime
Registered Member

Hi everyone
I've been reading this very long and somewhat informative (most of the stuff, I can't comprehend, lol) thread and I'm proud to say that, I am at page 75 out of 375 pages. 300 more to go!
Anywho, I to, have dinos and have been battling this demon for about 2 months going on 3! I finally said, after dealing with scrubbing the coral plugs, rocks, powerheads, basically what ever was in the frag tanks. I have 2 frag tanks, 40 gals each with both tanks plumbed to one 40gal sump.
I finally said, there's gotta be a better way to clean or get rid of all this crap. That's when I turned to this thread, hence I'm only at page 75. At page 75, my head is spinning from all the info, how much more when I get to the last post! Anyway, I started to do the 3% peroxide deal. Started first dose on May 25, so it's been 17 days. First 14 days, dosed the 1ml per 10gals. For me, I just simply dosed 10ml, as I too, am skeptical about this. Nothing really happened the first 14 days. As I kept reading this thread, I read somewhere that they doubled the dose of peroxide. So, being desperate, as we all/most of us are, I also, doubled the dose, to 20ml per day. That being said, this morning as I usually do, had my coffee in front of my frag tanks and I noticed that there weren't as much bubbles suspended by brown nasty snot! Hmmm, something just might be working. Whatever it is, I'll take it! Hopefully, by continuing this process, I'd be able to keep this demon at bay. I know I can't totally eradicate this crap but if I can't see, that's good enough! I was also, about to dose skimmate! Yup, yall read what I'm talking about in the earlier posts. Since, I am 300 pages back from all of you, I really don't know how the outcome was except for the one person, can't remember his name, that initially did it. He also posted a pic of him pouring it in. I'll get to more reactions as I keep reading.
Was going to start the skimmate dose but my sidekick cleaned out the collection cup last night. Will try tomorrow in hopes it'll assist in this demonic eradication.

Side note: I do not know the kind of dino strain I may have, as there are many. I do not have a microscope, I wish I did. So, I don't know if I have a strain that is tolerable to the many different ways of eradication or one of the weaker ones, if you will. Hopefully the weaker one and I say this seriously, only because my snails are walking all over it. Not sure if they are eating it. My crabs too, are all over it and which seems they are eating it. None have died, not one. My 2 yellow tangs, 2 blue tangs, yellow wrasse, melly wrasse, 2 chromis and a lawnmower blenny eats that crap and none have died, yet. The LMB eats that sh!t up like no other. His belly is so fat, he can hardly hold himself up, sways side to side.

We shall see...

I was going to run skimmerless, also but then remembered that I need skimmate to dose skimmate.

Good luck everyone!
I'll update as things progress.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote