View Single Post
Unread 08/13/2007, 06:01 PM   #18
Saddler
Registered Member

I really can't even see the slightest wound on my skin, so I'm doubtful that it's an infection. Elliott, I see that you're an M.D., but to me it looks like if the bruising is traveling it is going downward toward the tip instead of back up. A few years back I was always getting myself busted up with deep gashes from fighting with katana swords and such and I'd usually just wrap it up and sleep on it and then only go to ER the next day if it was obvious that it wouldn't possibly heal on it's own. Once a wound was so deep that I needed double layered stitches and another time I got blood poisoning from a very small wound on my foot but I could tell because of the dark purple line that was traveling up my leg. I had upset bowels last night and woke up early this morning with my throat feeling like I was ill which may have from swelling of lymph nodes. But I'm okay now except for the numbness and the bruising - and the numbness is starting to subside. So I'll wait it out and go to the ER if I feel any cardiovascular related symptoms. I'm working double shifts this week to finish a project at work and nobody else does my job so there's noone to cover for me. That's a lame excuse to not see a doctor, but my guess is that I'd just waste a copay and many hours in the waiting room only to ultimately have just a mild bruise on my finger looked at. Would a doctor be able to do blood tests that screen for all of the possible types of marine toxins that might be the cause?

Saddler is offline   Reply With Quote