View Single Post
Unread 05/19/2012, 10:25 AM   #8
Alex T.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveafish View Post
OMG! I went in to see about some new corals or livestock to add. While I was there I saw shimmers that has NOT been cleaned in at least a year or more. MOST of the corals was dead or 1/2 dead and bleached out. With that I saw dead floating fish. Rotting inverts and more. Though the liverock looked good. My question is this. Why do you all not take care of your livestock as well as you do your online customers. BE RESPONSABLE and do some maintance on your tanks and stop killing aquatic life. This is the thing I expect to see at petco. NOT a reef supply.
Just want to know why you cant do the proper thing and do the maintance. And time nor payroll is an excuse.
Since someone brought up the issue of grammar, I figured I'd chime in because this is comical.

1. shimmers...I'm deducing he means skimmers. Spell check wouldn't pick that up, so I guess we can let that one slide.
2. ...has not been cleaned. One skimmer has not been cleaned. Multiple skimmers have not been cleaned. Plural my friend.
3. Corals was dead. One coral "was" dead. Multiple corals "were" dead. Once again....improper use of the plural form.
4. With that I saw dead floating fish.. Starting sentences with prepositions is an infraction of the English language. More appropriately, it could have read, "I also saw dead fish floating".
5. Rotting inverts and more.Though the liverock looked goodThese are not even complete sentences, and could have easily been added to the previous one. I was almost expecting to read "Rotting inverts and more, oh my."
6. My question is this. If you're about to tell us something or make a list, a colon at the end of this sentence would be proper.
7. Why do you all not take care of your livestock as well as you do your online customers. If you're actually going to ask the question you should follow it with a question mark. And with regard to the question, Premium Aquatics is a company, so you all is unnecessary, since you would have been sufficient, but again, unnecesary. I'd rather you wrote y'all and had some more fun with it.
8. BE RESPONSABLE and do some maintance on your tanks and stop killing aquatic life. Wow, this one's chocked full of goodies. Not only did you spell responsible wrong, but you capitalized it so that we'd take special note of it. If you had time to capitalize the whole word, a simple re-read of what you wrote should have screamed back, "NO!!!". However, you did spell aquatic life correctly.Using "and more than once in such a short sentence doesn't sound correctly though. It sounds like me when I was a child explaining to my mom on a Summer's day what really happened to the picture window in the living room. "and then, the ball slipped, and then...
9. This is the thing I expect to see at petco. NOT a reef supply. I assume you meant to write, "This is the sort/kind of thing I expect to see at Petco, not a reef supply."
10.Just want to know why you cant do the proper thing and do the maintance. And time nor payroll is an excuse. Rather than explain...here's the re-write (notice the colon to my right): I'd just like to know why Premium Aquatics can't do the right thing and perform the necessary maintenenance Saying that there's not enough time or help is no excuse.

I don't know if you're a disgruntled employee, former employee or customer that was wronged in some way. What I do know is that it's very difficult for anyone to take you seriously or believe you at all when you write this way. It's one thing to make some spelling mistakes because you're typing fast, but when you're trying to convey your disdain for what's considered one of the best companies in this hobby, you should have your ducks in a row before you sling mud. You could have easily expressed your grievance in another way, or via private message to Premium Aquatics. If you're from another country and English is a second language for you, then I apologize.

Current Tank Info: Currently in reboot mode
Alex T. is offline   Reply With Quote