View Single Post
Unread 12/21/2017, 06:44 PM   #3777
Punchanello
Registered Member

I just received the white WiFi 60' Powermodule Hybrid (merry xmas to me) and thought I'd share my experiences -

I ordered it through a local retailer (Australia) so it was shipped from Germany to the store and then on to me. It arrived well packed and in good condition, just one or two minor issues. A slightly pushed in vent grate which was easily bent back out. One of the reflectors has a tiny ding in it but I suspect not even enough to notice it when the light is on. Not bad for all the transit.

Now for my idiot moment - I don't have a Windows device. Didn't even think of it after researching the light for months. I think I just assumed that I could program it through the control box/ballast/power unit and at some point get a compatible device. Unfortunately there's no screen or controls on the box anymore because, duh, Wi-Fi. Tried to run a windows emulator on the mac to run Light Studio but to no avail. Looks like like I need a new device unless someone else has an awesome work around.

None of that is ATIs fault of course (except the picture of a Macbook running Light Studio on the ATI Aquaristic Site - confusing). It's heavy, well built and looks amazing.

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315

Last edited by Punchanello; 12/21/2017 at 08:14 PM.
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote