View Single Post
Unread 11/11/2017, 06:53 PM   #29
Xxero
Registered Member

Cool. Let us know how that turns out.

The dosages and recommendations that I listed above are based off of the dosages that the original poster of this thread used:

http://reefcentral.com/forums//showthread.php?t=2607958

This was not a Scientifically/Pharmaceutically based Bryopsis eradication remedy. In fact, if you read the product description of the "Reef Flux" link that you posted it states: "Reef Flux is a fluconazole aquarium treatment that is effective against certain fungal fish infections. To avoid unintended nutrient spikes, Reef Flux should not be used in tanks with large Bryopsis or Caulerpa refugiums."

The OP was so frustrated with his Bryopsis battle that he threw caution to the wind and dosed his tank with Fluconazole. And it worked. Because of that, he created a thread stating what he did and what the results were. His results at that dosage were total Bryopsis eradication with no harm done to tank inhabitants or water chemistry. So myself and a lot of other people in that thread followed suit and copied what he did.

Most of the Reefers in that thread had the same results as the original poster. But some people (and maybe they had a worst case Bryopsis scenario) had to dose their tanks a second time to completely wipe it out. So this would be my only concern with trying lower dosages. If in the end you have to treat again, then less wasn't necessarily more.

Current Tank Info: 65g Mixed Reef Display - 15g Macro Algae/Refugium - 40b Sump
Xxero is offline   Reply With Quote