View Single Post
Unread 04/25/2011, 05:48 PM   #3868
snorvich
Team RC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sca_tt View Post
snorvich why does fosters and smith have the scotts fairy wrasse listed as peaceful?

I cannot really speak for Dr. Foster and Smith, but they are my favorite online vendor. I can assure you, however, that C. scottorum is a very aggressive fish, more so the female even than the male

i have read through the tang requirements just thought i would ask to make sure. ha. i like the cardinals and am going to look for a pair along with the clowns. as for the chromis i wanted a type of peaceful schooling fish. recomendations and also include a number i could keep if you would? i did read above or previously in this thread that most schooling fish dont school when kept in aquaria, correct?

I only know of two fish commonly kept in our sized aquaria that shoal/school. By the way "schooling" is a subset of shoaling, and those two species are glassy sweepers which actually will school, and Apogon parvulus which will shoal and appear to school even though they are not. Apogon parvulus is a difficult fish to acclimate properly although I have a group of ten in one of my aquaria. There may be other fish that will shoal; I know many people think that some cardinals will shoal, but it turns out without a dither fish, they pair off.