View Single Post
Unread 01/19/2016, 09:49 PM   #2739
REEF DIVA
Registered Member

Dinoflagellates

PorkchopExpress

I don't have dinoflagellates. I posted a cure for dinoflagellates which took me a hour to compose and which does work based upon the writing of Randy Holmes Farley. If anyone seriously wants help with this problem, then send me a message and I will tell you what to do. I am going to tell you it is a lot of hard work and it is not what I posted.

Last year I had a client's tank crash because they turned off the heat in the entire building and the room went down to 40 degrees. Needless to say almost everything died. All the rock became covered with dinoflagellates. I took all of the rock home and put them into a 90 gallon tank, no fish, no coral, good flow, new, clean water, LED light and watched the dinoflagellates thrive for months. I kept turning the lights on for a few weeks and off for a few weeks. Got nowhere.

Finally I left the lights off for several months. Finally after 1 year it appears that the dinoflagellates are finally gone. Is anybody really scared now. Because this little experiment really blows my mind. This is how insidious dinoflagellates can be.

REEF DIVA is offline   Reply With Quote