View Single Post
Unread 07/06/2017, 04:33 PM   #4
lprettyman
Registered Member

I'm in the same boat. Part of me wants to try it because its over $12 for a can of Krylon online and i'm sure theres nothing wrong with using rustoleum. The other part of me doesn't because of the potential of killing everything in my tank.

However, I saw a post a while back stating rustoleum had something like 3 chemicals, whereas krylon has 15-20 iirc. Who tried it first and found out it was safe? Every hardware store used to carry krylon but now everyone has switched to rustoleum. I guess it's going to take someone trying it first and deeming it safe. Rustoleum is the new norm which krylon used to be. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig...

To answer your question, nobody really knows if it is or not because it hasn't really been tried. I've read plenty of threads asking if it is and people say "sure why not". But it's not tried and true like krylon. If you're feeling froggy like I kinda am and don't have a whole lot invested, try it. If you have a lot to lose (thousands of $$ in corals and verts) don't try it.

lprettyman is offline   Reply With Quote