Thread: Dilemma
View Single Post
Unread 01/03/2018, 04:23 PM   #13
Str8linespeed
Registered Member

Thank you everyone for the tips.

I do need to get a larger ATO container for when we do leave out of town. My current one only holds 4 gallons. The tank has been set up and running for just over a year. I do feed the fish once per day at the same time, but the longest I have gone is 3 days with out feeding them, when Im out of town for a long weekend. Never any problems. I guess I could do an experiment and stop feeding them for a few days and toss in some pellets or flakes to see what they do. It would be nice to get them off of frozen.

Oh and we do have a dog, and actually last night a couple of the neighbors who dont have dogs actually volunteered to watch the tank for us, and one of the others to watch our dog. Our neighborhood is great and all the neighbors watch out for each other, just a few a afraid of the tank. Probably just if something went wrong. So in the end this worked out well, but I am still going to look into an auto feeder to try out.

As for the controller notifying me if there are any issues. That would not work when we go on vacation. We disconnect from the world. No phones, no computer, usually no TV and if we do watch TV never the news. Its about enjoying our time away and where we went to visit. Its very satisfying actually! If family members or someone needs to get a hold of us we do leave a number to where we are staying.

Thanks again everyone, this site is great!

Str8linespeed is offline   Reply With Quote