View Single Post
Unread 10/02/2017, 11:19 PM   #37
Froggers
Registered Member

The dosage I used for algae was a little less than 1ml per 10 gallons of 3% hydrogen peroxide added daily. If you try this start lower dosage. I dosed for about 3 or 4 months. I do not know at what stage I killed off all the flat worms. Your skimmer will go nuts.

As far as the potassium permanganate I believe Kent Marine Poly-Ox has this in it. Kent Marine provides a recommended dosage for reef tanks as well. Jungle Clear Water is potassium permanganate but only give a recommended dose for freshwater tanks and ponds.

Everyone that has failed using potassium permanganate have used higher dosages trying to get a quick knock down. I think at a lower dose for a longer period might work and be safer. Just be prepared to lose snails, clams and any other worms and such. Might cause your nitrates and ammonia to spike with the die off. Could kill off some of the bacteria in the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisanoal View Post
I have not given it any thought, thanks for the suggestions. Would be interesting to find dosage levels that would be considered reef safe. Especially of the peroxide and permanganate.

Froggers is offline   Reply With Quote