View Single Post
Unread 11/01/2011, 09:10 AM   #24
tegee
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.intheC View Post
Chris, very well said. I agree 100%.

Talking about noise.. I've found the MP20/40's to be less noisy than the mp10s. I think you're right on the money with the MP20s, provided they're not too used.

Eric and others....all great advice.

I ended up getting two brand new MP20's for the cost of MP10's. I choosethe MP20's because they have a bigger (wider) wetside and will offer broader flow. I also wanted increased flow potential so I could run them at lower speeds to keep the noise level down. I felt with MP10's I would have to crank them up to run them at the flow I was looking at.

And I agree, I did not get all wrapped up in the newer ES version of the VorTech line. I felt that Reef Crest mode is all I am going to need and I do not sync my MP60's on my 180gl SPS and simply let them run randomly. So having the older blue box controller on the MP20 was not a hang for me.

Anyway....a bit winded, but everyone's input was greatly appreciate.

BTW: for the record, I really like Tunze pumps and Tunze as a company. They all have their place in the hobby/industry IMHO. Tunze will make good on their latest issues like they made good when they converted to the Stream pump over the older square pump. Roger gave me two pumps for free, 6105 and a 6205, when the older generation Tunze went bad. So Roger is topself and I like Tunze as a company. Just felt better go with a low footprint in a small cube like mine with a EcoTech.

HTH