View Single Post
Unread 02/28/2007, 12:03 AM   #15
Monkey55
Moved On

Okay, I just talked to the guy who was supposed to build this for me at the LFS. Now he has been building these for 20 years and recently done like 20 90 gallons in the last 4 years. He says he has it perfected.

He plans on putting in the sequence snapper because it is quiet and dialing it to 1500gph and a flow through 30G sump. now he says that this isn't giong to create micro bubble or white water at all because they are going to drill ou the back of the sump with and use 1.5" piping for the sump with all the proper baffling. he says you get a lot of head loss so a sequence snapper (although more expensive) is a good choice and also runs coller with less noice.
the return will split off into 4 locline outputs. He then plans to use a closed loop system powered by a vortech pump with controller that runs at 3600gph(with a battery back up). Combined I get 55 times flow. SWEET. I can put the heaters in the sump and in the pump will be a flow through 135 euro reef skimmer. He will also plumb off a 10G shallow refugium that will has it's own T5 bulb or compact PC.

HOW DOES THIS PLAN SOUND? he says this is one of his favorite ways to go and he has a 72G in his store right now that is running with absolutely no microbubbles that has a very similiar set up. He even said that he would drive the 4 hours to my house and help me set up the tank and make sure I am hapy with it. (he is also setting up 4 other tanks in town that weekend, so it is worth the drive for him) all he wants is lunch for the set up.

What is your input on this plan?

On another note, this same LFS guy is custom builing me a Black Oak canopy with custom doors, fans, two tone moonlights, and 2- 250 w MH lights built in with 2-t5 actinicbulbs.

Monkey55 is offline   Reply With Quote