View Single Post
Unread 10/13/2017, 01:02 AM   #12
MMOORE0324
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
Yep, I've read probably all the same reviews. "Silent" is different for everyone so who knows really. I also wanted to get a RO Elite 150-SSS, but still way oversized for my tank. It would barely fit in the skimmer chamber, but probably won't be a good skimmer for the bioload and water volume.

I don't have a decibel meter either, but I use an iPhone app to do it. Might not be the best and most accurate / sensative, but it's consistent at least.

I should be getting some decibels back from Simplicity today, I'll update you on what they say. Crossing my fingers I just have a really bad pump and a replacement will solve everything.

I have the tank finally set up and running. I’ll post a more in-depth update later but so far the 120DC skimmer seems to be pretty silent. I downloaded a decibel meter for my phone and was getting 58. That was with overflow water noise (no filter socks installed yet) and plenty of background noise. I put my ear right to the sump and I can’t hear any pump noise but I’m also not particularly sensitive to noise. Sounds like maybe you got a bad pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMOORE0324 is offline   Reply With Quote